How to implement simple DNS filter
Nikolay Artamonov
2010-03-16 17:42:08 UTC
Hi guys! I need to implement simple system-wide filter that watches
for DNS traffic and blocks attempts of resolving of forbidden domain
names. What is the simplest way to do this? If I have to write mini-
firewall, what about using Winpcap (http://www.winpcap.org/)?

Thanks and sorry for my English!
mosesvas
2010-03-17 05:52:19 UTC
Post by Nikolay Artamonov
Hi guys! I need to implement simple system-wide filter that watches
for DNS traffic and blocks attempts of resolving of forbidden domain
names. What is the simplest way to do this? If I have to write mini-
firewall, what about using Winpcap (http://www.winpcap.org/)?
Thanks and sorry for my English!
You can write a winsock NSP component. All name space related winsock
call will invoke your methods, which you can handle to block or return
ur custom address. That would be the simplest method.If u need to
handle the UDP packet, check out WFP methods to handle it.
Nikolay Artamonov
2010-03-17 12:29:35 UTC
Post by mosesvas
You can write a winsock NSP component. All name space related winsock
call will invoke your methods, which you can handle to block or return
ur custom address. That would be the simplest method.If u need to
handle the UDP packet, check out WFP methods to handle it.
Thank you very much! I think NSP is finely suitable for me.