Disconnected Network Drive
Mark
2010-06-30 17:30:28 UTC
Can someone tell me why explorer always displays the shares provided by my
network redirector as "Disconnected Network Drive (X:)" where X is the drive
letter that the share is mapped to.

--Mark
Mark
2010-06-30 21:13:22 UTC
Well, this is another one that I had to figure out myself. First of all
make sure that the network provider DLL does not return WN_NO_NETWORK status
if it is not ready, it should return 0xFFFFFFFF as documented. Secondly
your provider must provide a NPGetConnection callback as well as a
NpGetConnection3 as mine did. When I did my investigations into this it
looks like Shell is call NPGetConnection as well as GetConnection3. Now
that I have both my drives are not showing up as disconnected!

Maybe the MS people should document this.....