TCP server and Fail Over Clustering
Joseph Galbraith
2010-05-04 21:16:09 UTC

We make a TCP server application (SSH server) that listens on INADDR_ANY on
port 22 (typically.)

We have a customer is trying to run this application on a two node fail-over
cluster. Clients can not connect to the server via the clusters virtual ip
or name. However, the 2 cluster nodes can successfully connect, so we know
the server is actually listening correctly.

Is there anything we need to do so that traffic to the cluster virtual ip
will reach our application?

Thanks,

Joseph

Joseph
Joseph Galbraith
2010-05-06 20:48:02 UTC
No, it is not cluster aware.

In the mean time, I've installed a fail over cluster in a vmware environment
using freenas as an iSCSI server, and everything works just find. I can't
reproduce the customer's problem, so I'm still clueless... they somehow
managed to configure it not to work.

Any ideas what kind of screw up could yeild the ability to connect to Client
Access Point from cluster nodes, but not from outside nodes?

Thanks,

Joseph
Post by m
Is the application cluster aware?